PDA

View Full Version : Gerbera Daisies

OvidiuCavasdan
05-03-2011, 12:25 PM
40D, EF 100mm macro
F16
1/25 sec
ISO 200
Manual mode, natural light and collapsable reflector, slightly cropped.

Jerry van Dijk
05-03-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi Ovidiu, very pleasing composition and excellent execution (as always). I'm amazed at the DOF you got here!

Brendan Dozier
05-04-2011, 12:48 AM
Excellent IQ on this, Ovidiu. I am also impressed by the dof. Wonderful bright color, and black BG really makes it pop! :S3:

bhavya joshi
05-04-2011, 01:03 AM
Excellent Macro.. nice bright colour with black BG.. good one Ovidiu..:S3:

Kaushik Balakumar
05-04-2011, 03:35 AM
Lovely colour combinations. Beautiful flowers these and I liked the way you've placed them in the frame, very aesthetically composed.

Julie Kenward
05-04-2011, 11:28 AM
Beautiful image, Ovidiu! I like your choice of composition but think I'd also like one that was a bit "looser" where the stem was visible on the right side and the top gerbera had a little more separation between it and the lower flower. You might also see if you can brighten up the center area of the more prominent flower a bit - it feels a tiny bit flat and a boost of pop/contrast/light there might help.

Very nice, overall and the detail on both flowers is great!

OvidiuCavasdan
05-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Thanks for comments.
Julie, I shot this also a bit "looser" and also tighter/closer:S3:. I liked the tighter ones more, because I was not very pleased with the second flower stem (too distracting for me) and covering part of it with the flower looked better to me:e3.

Steve Maxson
05-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Hi Ovidiu. Great colors and outstanding DOF. I really like the comp as presented. Very well done! :cheers:

Roman Kurywczak
05-05-2011, 08:02 AM
Hey Ovidiu,
Outstanding light....the reflector really made this one shine! Overall....very nicely done although like Jules I would like to see the looser one.....as I like the curve of the stem!

Anita Bower
05-06-2011, 03:49 PM
These are lovely flowers! Perfect lighting, exposure, detail. Love the curve of the stem. I may be the only one who is not overly fond of the composition. For me, the lower flower is too prominent--larger and more orange--and for some reason, it doesn't work for me. Perhaps is both flowers were the same color tone and size. Beautifully executed.

Ken Childs
05-07-2011, 09:17 AM
Hi Ovidiu, the light is fantastic, the comp looks good as is but I think I'd also like it better if the nicely curving stem was more visible.