PDA

View Full Version : The End

Paul Lagasi
05-02-2011, 06:29 PM
On April 12th, I came home from work at 6 am, no dog was at the door waiting. I knew something was up, had been expecting it for a few months but the dog just kept hanging on.
16 years, 8 days.
Vets wanted to do all sorts of operations but Coco was 16 years old, a large breed dog,
one of the best hunting dogs I've ever owned. He pointed, retrieved and tracked.

Although we both gave up hunting about 7 years ago..he still enjoyed a good run.

Even now we (the whole family) all look around for him...

Topaz photo, shows him with his beeping collar on, so I could keep track of him in the woods, while he chased those pesky wabbit's

Andrew McLachlan
05-02-2011, 07:04 PM
Hi Paul, lovely treatment for a lovely dog. A very nice photo that I am sure you will come to cherish in the years to come. A good age for a large dog. So sorry for your loss.

denise ippolito
05-02-2011, 08:43 PM
Paul, You guys are killing me with these sad stories. Pets are such loyal companions and they fill a spot in our hearts that nothing else can even come close to filling. Your love for Coco really comes through here. Such a sweet face. I love the filtering it makes his fur looks great.:S3:

Steve Adkins
05-02-2011, 08:55 PM
Wonderful memories, Paul. It's hard when we loose part of the family. Your processing and setting is very fitting and I also love the look of his fur.

Kerry Perkins
05-02-2011, 10:22 PM
Paul, nice tribute and he looks like a good ole boy. I'm sure you miss him a lot. Love the Clean work.

Judy Howle
05-03-2011, 10:14 AM
The loss of a beloved pet is always hard but you have a wonderful photo to remember him by. The Topaz processing is perfect to bring out details in his fur.

Christopher Miller
05-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Sounds like Coco was a great dog. Even when they're gone, those special pets always have a place in our hearts and memories. :S3: A very lovely tribute.

Julie Kenward
05-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Well that got me all welled up! I'm so sorry for your loss, Paul. It's such a heartbreaking thing to lose our pets and my heart goes out to you.

On the other side of things, I love the treatment - it really gives the hair some great texture.

Brendan Dozier
05-03-2011, 11:18 PM
Beautiful dog, Paul, and great expression & pose you captured. You can tell that Coco was a very faithful friend & companion. Wonderful topaz treatment, like the texture of fur and inclusion of habitat. :S3:

Paul Lagasi
05-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Thanks Everyone for your comments, Have a good one