Focal Length In 35mm Film = 157mm
Lens = nikkor 105.0 mm f/2.8 VR
Tripod.

Brendan Dozier
05-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Wow! That is really superb, Adrian! Congratulations! :cheers::cheers:

Mitch Haimov
05-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Very nice, Adrian! I've never seen this type of Iris--the fuzzy orange is very cool. If you could have done so without causing damage, pealing back the "loose skin" from the lower part of the stem would have helped this one IMHO. As is, looks like a snake is swallowing the flower from the bottom. :bg3:

Jerry van Dijk
05-03-2011, 03:44 PM
Hi Adrian, I like how you positioned the flower in the frame and the black BG really makes the colors come out. The petals look a bit grainy, but that may just be the texture of the petals themselves. It does look a little dark. I ran some noise reduction and made a levels adjustment in Adobe RGB color space and then used the Save for web function to convert back to sRGB without clipping the reds. Making the colors just pop a little more! See how you like the result.

Kaushik Balakumar
05-04-2011, 03:41 AM
Beautiful looking iris, very neatly composed and presented.

Adrian David
05-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Thank you very much!
Jerry, it maybe look a bit grainy, but I wanted to show the subtle textures on the petals, and the "sparkling" effect on those textures...In a big format it looks better.

Steve Maxson
05-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Hi Adrian. A beautiful flower, excellent overall sharpness, and a nice comp. An outstanding image! :cheers:

Anita Bower
05-05-2011, 04:24 AM
Beautiful image! Love the colors, details, gentle curve, position--everything. I can almost feel the velvety softness of the petals. I like the dark bg. The whole image does not seem too dark for my taste. You did achieve the "sparkling" effect. Is this the same Iris from the prior image?

Roman Kurywczak
05-05-2011, 07:59 AM
Hey Adrian,
Can't add much....another winner!

Ken Childs
05-07-2011, 09:12 AM
Hi Adrian,

As has already been mentioned, this is definitely another winner! I prefer the textures and brightness of the OP and even though it might look a bit cleaner without the dead "skin" at the bottom, that doesn't bother me at all. Well done! :5