FL: 420mm
Speed: 1/500
App: F/9.0
Iso: 200
Apperture priority
Metering: Spot

Alfred Forns
03-25-2008, 06:44 AM
Looks like it just had a bath !!!! I like it Keith !!!

Would like some more room all around feels tight in frame !!!

If there was time and the animal stayed put would have tried a couple different crops One being horizontal with some room up front and the other just the reflection !!! Excellent feel !!! I like it a lot !!

Robert Amoruso
03-25-2008, 08:19 AM
Keith,

Due to the high-contrast of the scene, the face and specifically the eye is dark. Using Quick Mask (in PS press Q to enter QM mode) create a selection of the eye and the dark part of the face using the paint brush. Hit Q again to exit QM, shft-ctrl-I to inverse the selection and then create a curves adjustment on that selection. Lighten it up by pulling the curve up (left and up) at the 1/3 to 2/5 mid-tone portion of the curve.

Todd Frost
03-26-2008, 12:05 PM
Nice image. Agree with the crop and room suggestions as well as the lightening of face. Overall a very nice image.
Todd

Keith Rawlins
03-27-2008, 05:21 AM
Thanks guys.
Robert, You have commented twice now on my images about using the quick mask, do you use it much as it is a process in ps that I do not use at all. If lighting an image or darkening it, I use levels or curves or if selectively lighting or darkening a selected area, I use the dodge and burn brush.
Interesting to hear your thoughts on this as agree about the eye and wanted to lighten it before posting myself.