PDA

View Full Version : King penguins

Leandro Herrainz
04-30-2011, 12:57 PM
Hello people! i took this picture 400 km northwest away form my city (Ushuaia), this is a new colony of this kind of penguins, is located on the chilean side of Tierra del Fuego, on magellan strait, we count more than 40 penguins. hope you like it, like always suggestions and critiques are welcome.

Canon 1D mark IIN + Canon 24-105mm F4L IS
105mm
Av 7.1
Tv 1/1000
Iso 200

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/3925/pinguinosreyangular.jpg

Randy Stout
04-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Leonardo:

Really like this different presentation for penguins. We generally only think of them on snow and ice.

I really like the head position of the two closest to use. Nice exposure and sharpness. Good shooting angle.

I would consider removing the cut off grass in RUC, and think about doing a crop or clone of the back of the bird and beak of lower bird on extreme left of frame.

Overall, I like this one a lot.

Cheers

Randy

James Shadle
04-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Beautiful image!

Great subject, perspective, sharpness and exposure.
I love the pose the two front birds are striking and juxtaposition with the birds back, right.

IMO this wonderful image would be even stronger with a little more room at the bottom.
I also feel the grass top right corner and to a lesser extent the bird head lower left are distractions that draw attention away from your main subject.

Sweet, thanks for something different.