PDA

View Full Version : About to take off

nancy hazen
04-30-2011, 01:25 AM
I wish the leaf didn't cover the eye. This little one was too fast for me. A pair of Barn Owls have taken over a new Owl Box at Lake Jennings campground. It is the first Barn Owl I've ever seen, so I was excited. I hope to follow the pair and watch for Owlets.
Thanks for looking.
Nancy

Canon 7D
100-400 lens
AP 5.6
iso 1,000
400 mm
Some PP with contrast and light - is was getting late in the day.

Kerry Perkins
04-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Hi Nancy, what a cute little owl you captured. These birds are really nice subjects! Yes, it's too bad about the leaf over the eye and the other leaf over the foot, but you did a nice job on the exposure and color rendition. A little bit of help from your pop-up flash would have put more light on the bird and given a little catch-light to the eye. Good thinking to bump up the ISO to keep your shutter speed up (what ss did you use here?). Now that you know they are there, I'm sure you will find a better angle and get a cleaner view. Owlets would be awesome! Keep us updated. :c3:

nancy hazen
05-01-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks Kerry. I did get somed other shots that didn't have the leaves, but they weren't as clear. That is one of my problems with hand holding the lens. Not as steady as I used to be. I hope to get back there and watch their progress. Thanks for you comments.
Nancy

jack williamson
05-02-2011, 03:30 PM
Nancy I'll be looking forward to more of this family. Kerry covered the important stuff.

Jack

nancy hazen
05-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Thanks Jack. I hope I get to see the family too.
Nancy