View Full Version : Peony

OvidiuCavasdan
04-29-2011, 03:20 PM
Paeonia suffruticosa - tree peony from my garden
40D, EF 100mm macro
F32
1/8 sec
ISO200
Manual mode, natural light, tripod, cropped both sides to square.

Mitch Haimov
04-29-2011, 10:07 PM
Very well done, Ovidiu! The angled composition works well with the square crop. Nice detail throughout. You could make some great abstracts with this subject.

Kaushik Balakumar
04-30-2011, 02:28 AM
Excellent DOF. Loved those subtle pinks. Neatly composed as well.
However on my monitor, I notice masking artifacts on the edges of the outermost petals (i.e. where the backs and the pinks meet). Am not so sure, but this could be due to a slight over-sharpening too.

OvidiuCavasdan
04-30-2011, 07:52 AM
However on my monitor, I notice masking artifacts on the edges of the outermost petals (i.e. where the backs and the pinks meet). Am not so sure, but this could be due to a slight over-sharpening too.
Did not use any masking so it might be from sharpening...
also...the edge of the petals has a tiny darker pink line so maybe that's about, combined with the almost white petal at top. It can be better seen on close up shots of the petals (shot a few close up)
Thanks for comments.

Steve Maxson
05-01-2011, 02:03 PM
This is another beauty, Ovidiu. Nice comp, excellent overall sharpness, and I love the detail in all the subtle shades of pink/white. Very well done.

Anita Bower
05-02-2011, 04:19 AM
Lovely portrait of this beauty. Simple, direct, effective.

Roman Kurywczak
05-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Hey Ovidiu,
Really nicely done!!! I love the way you lit this and brought out all the fine detilas and subtle petal shapes. Great work!

David N Smith
05-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Nice capture Ovidiu. I like the pink flower against the black background it makes it really stand out.

Dave