PDA

View Full Version : Blue Cypress Ospreys

Jen Howell
04-29-2011, 03:19 PM
This will be my first trip to Blue Cypress Lake and I was looking for some advice. Would I need to have/be in a boat and be on the actual lake in order to get some great photo opportunities or can I get decent results from land? If I could get some specific directions to some good spots around the lake, that would be awesome. What time should I arrive - is the AM or PM best or does it matter? Also, what would be the best attire, i.e. do I need waders, waterproofing gear, etc?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much.

Don Lacy
04-30-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi Jen, You will need to be in a boat to get to the nest on blue cypress

Jen Howell
05-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi Jen, You will need to be in a boat to get to the nest on blue cypress

Thanks for the info Don!

Don Hamilton Jr.
05-02-2011, 07:42 AM
Boat, is the only way, as you can get direct shots of the nesting, feeding, fishing, and behavior. You can rent a pontoon, or hire the guide for a few hours as well... or of course if you have your own source for a boat, there's a tleast two ramps. im going to try my kayaks out in a week as well... best regards
Don H

Jen Howell
05-25-2011, 02:51 PM
Boat, is the only way, as you can get direct shots of the nesting, feeding, fishing, and behavior. You can rent a pontoon, or hire the guide for a few hours as well... or of course if you have your own source for a boat, there's a tleast two ramps. im going to try my kayaks out in a week as well... best regards
Don H

Hi Don - Was wondering how the kayaks went for you? Is it worth lugging them from Boca?

Don Hamilton Jr.
05-26-2011, 05:50 AM
yes; i think its an awesome way to do it, i also notice that your profile is so low and obscure, that the birds just don't even seem too care... headed there this weekend again, particularly nice for landscaping as you can get out in knee high water, and do a little... A La Cyde Butcher swamping!!! Don