Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 75mm
Lens = Tamron 17.0-50.0 mm f/2.8
Tripod.

Kaushik Balakumar
04-30-2011, 03:30 AM
Liked the vast yellow fields.
IMHO, the sky is not offering significantly to the composition. I feel that a pano crop eliminating much of the sky might be an interesting/alternate composition.

Adrian David
04-30-2011, 04:09 AM
Thank you Kaushik!
As you pointed out, the sky was not particulary appealing at that time, and cropping it more, to a panno
would eliminate even the small amount of details, present on the upper part of the sky. That's why I've
chosen to keep it that way...Maybe the best solution would be to photograph a nice blue sky with withe clouds, in the same location, and replace it in this photo...:S3:. I think it would be a good alternative...

Robert Amoruso
05-01-2011, 11:22 AM
Adrian,

Of course there is nothing wrong with creating a photo-illustration by replacing the sky as long as it is mentioned it is an illustration. My preference for landscape images is "as found" and you found a great one here with the flowers, mountain range the well placed tree.

The pano crop is just what I would suggest here and like what Kaushik presented.

Adrian David
05-01-2011, 01:13 PM
Thank you Robert!
I totally agree with you, I also prefer the landscape photos, as natural as possible! Maybe, next year I will have more luck with the sky and the clouds...

Roman Kurywczak
05-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Hey Adrian,
Another vote for the pano crop. I do think you can tweak the sky a bit to bring out some more of the subtle details.....but I still prefer the pano anyway as I feel it accentuates the mountain and tree as much as the field. All in all a wonderful effort though!

Adrian David
05-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Thank you Roman! I will give it a try...

Roman Kurywczak
05-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Hey Adrian,
Had PS open.....so gave it a shot. Just the sky in PS.....selective color.....added a bit of black in the blue channel. Took away a lot of black in the white channel. Added a bit of black in both the neutral and black channel. then I did a LCE on the mountains up.... it to make it pop. Small crop......although I still think I would prefer the pano with a crop just above the greyish clouds on the right. Let me know your thoughts.

Adrian David
05-02-2011, 02:03 PM
I've tried some filters in NiK color efects (contrast color range and graduated neutral density) and pano crop....

Mark Farnan
05-03-2011, 06:50 AM
I've tried some filters in NiK color efects (contrast color range and graduated neutral density) and pano crop....

Agree with the Pano crop and lifting some detail in the clouds.

Also, suggest shooting this sort of image with a Polarizer, it can help get some extra definition in those clouds. (The usual caveats about wide lenses and polarizers of course) but you are at 75mm here, so would be fine. It dosn't have to be all the way on (i.e. not max polarization).

Regards

Mark.

Robert Amoruso
05-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Adrian,

I like the new post and love the redo on the yellow color and saturation. A real knock-out!

Andrew McLachlan
05-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Hi Adrian, I like the final repost best, the pano crop is a nice idea for an alternate comp too. Looks like Canola in bloom?

Adrian David
05-04-2011, 10:10 AM
Hi Adrian, I like the final repost best, the pano crop is a nice idea for an alternate comp too. Looks like Canola in bloom?

Thank you Andrew! Yes, it is Canola in bloom...:S3: