PDA

View Full Version : Green-crowned Brilliant

Juan Carlos Vindas
03-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Well, this is an image that Artie knows, he recommended me to crop the bottom a little. Any help or hint is more than welcome.

Canon 30D
Canon 35-350@350
Tripod
f/9
1/60
ISO 320
Aperture Priority
A little crop
No flash

Juan Aragonés
03-25-2008, 02:28 AM
Hi Juan Carlos. I like the composition and the soft light here but I think that some fill flash would help to improve the image. I suggest to rework the image and apply the noise reduction filter only to the background in order o preserve the fin details on the plumage that looks soft. A very nice image IMO.

Alfred Forns
03-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Fully agree with Juan Very good points Particularly the use of fill flash Would have helped with both filling and sharpening !!! Very little detail in the dark area of the near wing and perch !!! I like the pose and bg very much !!!!

Glenn Bartley
03-25-2008, 10:23 AM
Excellent portrait. Some FF would have helped for sure.

Juan Carlos Vindas
03-25-2008, 10:56 AM
Hello Juan, and thank you for your advise, now, please excuse my ignorance, but I don't know how to make the noise reduction to the BG only, can you pass me some hints please? thank you in advance

Juan Carlos Vindas
03-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Hello Juan, and thank you for your advise, now, please excuse my ignorance, but I don't know how to make the noise reduction to the BG only, can you pass me some hints please? thank you in advance
Hi Juan Carlos. I like the composition and the soft light here but I think that some fill flash would help to improve the image. I suggest to rework the image and apply the noise reduction filter only to the background in order o preserve the fin details on the plumage that looks soft. A very nice image IMO.

Manos Papadomanolakis
03-25-2008, 03:01 PM
I really like the pose and eye contact,nice looking bird too!

Juan Aragonés
03-26-2008, 05:24 AM

Of course, just let me found some free time and I will send you details about how you can do it. If I do not do that, please feel free to remind me about it ;)

Juan Carlos, voy a poner un post en el foro en español con detalles sobre la técnica.

Juan

Juan Carlos Vindas
03-26-2008, 01:14 PM
Thank you very much Juan. Muchas gracias Juan.