PDA

View Full Version : Blubird Breakfast

Tom Walter
04-28-2011, 07:32 PM
The male bluebird was gathering food while the female was gathering grass and twigs for the nest. I was too far away to crop for the bird only so I chose a landscape composition to include the birdhouse instead of a portrait composition which would show only part of the birdhouse and the post holding the birdhouse. Taken in Murfreesboro, TN.

Nikon D200<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Nikon 70-300 4.5-5.6G VR<o:p></o:p>
1/750 sec<o:p></o:p>
F5.6
ISO 400<o:p></o:p>
hand held<o:p></o:p>

Grace Scalzo
04-28-2011, 09:09 PM
Always fun to see these beauties engaging in nest building behavior. Your image is nicely exposed and I like the eye contact that the bird is giving you. There certainly are outlets for images where a bird house as a prominent feature is quite accepted. In this forum we mostly go for a more natural look. Would you consider putting up a perch and see if you could get him to land on it?

James Shadle
04-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Tom,
Nice hand of man, habitat image:S3:.
I love the eye contact and yummy worm in the Blue Birds mouth.

While this is an interesting, well exposed image - it looks soft.
It this a large crop?

James

Tom Walter
04-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Always fun to see these beauties engaging in nest building behavior. Your image is nicely exposed and I like the eye contact that the bird is giving you. There certainly are outlets for images where a bird house as a prominent feature is quite accepted. In this forum we mostly go for a more natural look. Would you consider putting up a perch and see if you could get him to land on it?

A perch would be nice but I took this shot during a one day visit to a relative's house.