PDA

View Full Version : Anna's Humingbird - B&W Sketch

Gus Hallgren
04-28-2011, 06:26 PM
Hi Folks;

Decided I wanted a simple white sheet with a B&W Sketch. Sketching the Hummingbird was the easy part. Simple white BG took some manipulating. Sketched the Hummer using AVIS. However, it came with a mottled background. So I took the image measurements>Clicked New>Used image measurements, with white backgound and saved as "WhiteBG", Opened WhiteBG, pressed "V" (Move) and moved image over white BG, as image was clean one color, I used one click of Magic Wand to select BG, then pressed "Delete". (If I had wanted to smooth edges I would have clicked "Refine Edges" icon.} However, I liked what I saw, so I clicked Select>Deselect, then flattened image, and signed with light border in CS5.

CC's always welcome and your ideas very much appreciated

Warm regards

Gus

Cheryl Flory
04-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Gus, thank you for the detailed info! What is AVIS? I think you did a very nice job with the B/W sketching, but I think I would go for a softer line, only because I am stuck in the mind mode of thinking of birds as soft and fluffy. this is a nice change.

Gus Hallgren
04-28-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi Cheryl;

Here is a link to AKVIS http://akvis.com/en/products-photo-editing-software.php I used "AKVIS Sketch" for this presentation.

Wam hugs

Gus

denise ippolito
04-28-2011, 08:47 PM
Love it Gus, I might move it a hair more to the right if it were mine but I do understand you set up a lot of your work for notecards and I bet this works comp works better w/ text. Thanks for providing the link!:S3:

Scott Vincent
04-28-2011, 08:55 PM
Gus, you're really whipping them out - keep them coming!

Really nice job with the sketch - it really looks like this was created from paper & pencil. Maybe try moving the bird just a very small amount to the right, just a little to get the wing tip a little more away the edge - see what you think.

Looks like you started from a nice image as well! Very nicely executed Gus!!

Andrew McLachlan
04-28-2011, 09:00 PM
Gus, I love the sketch effect on this one. Very nicely done! :S3:

Steve Adkins
04-29-2011, 06:32 PM
Gus, it's fun to see this variety and the B&W sketch is great. Subject and pose is very attractive. Your end use will dictate the comp, but I agree a little to the right would help me from feeling there should be something on the right for balance. :S3: Your sig actually helps in that regard. Thanks a bunch for the work flow info!