PDA

View Full Version : B&W In the Glades

Don Lacy
04-28-2011, 11:48 AM
This is the BW version of an image I posted earlier in the year http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/79728-Everglades-At-Last-Light.
Just out of curiosity i decided to convert it to BW and like how the tonalities came out I also left it un cropped.

Kaushik Balakumar
04-29-2011, 02:49 AM
Oh yes, I very well remember your older post in colour.
This one's come out nice as well. Might darken the water in the middle-left a wee bit.
After looking at both images for a while, I guess I probably like the colour version more.

Robert Amoruso
05-01-2011, 12:01 PM
Don,

Before going back to the color version I produced two different crops below. You will note that one crop is close to what you had in the color version.

I find the in this version the two rocks on the left unbalance the image when including the larger pano version and right side of the image. I also find the clouds on the right to be muddy looking (flat gray tonality).

Besides recopping I used Shadow/Highlight to open up the FG rocks, and various curves and levels adjustments to increase contrast and darken the midtones in the clouds.

Robert Amoruso
05-01-2011, 12:02 PM
In this second crop I went pano and yes horizon is in the middle but AOK with a perfect reflection. Similar tonal corrections.

This also needs a mild CCW rotation that I forgot to do in my recrops.

Roman Kurywczak
05-02-2011, 11:13 AM
Hey Don,
I think the conversion works pretty well and I agree with some of the tone corrections. I like the OP crop best (althought perhaps a touch off theright and then the pano crop is my 2nd favorite. All that being said.....I do prefer the color version best!

Don Lacy
05-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Thanks robert for taking the time to work on my image I like the pano crop version which I had never thought of .

Don Hamilton Jr.
05-04-2011, 07:35 AM
Robert, you never cease too amaze me!!! Freaking mad skills!!! The pano idea is way cool!!
Don H

Kaustubh Deshpande
05-24-2011, 01:57 PM
loved the one in pane#3. Well seen and executed. I love such images with foreground rocks.