PDA

View Full Version : A New Day Dawns

Dawn Currie
04-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Sunrise just after lowtide at Coral Cove near Jupiter, FL. Taken with Canon 450D and Lensbaby Scout with fisheye lens on a tripod inches a few inches above the water level (I got wet, but the camera didn't). ISO 400, .8 sec. Pseudo HDR post-processing on RAW file done in Photomatix Pro. No cropping or cloning.

Steve Adkins
04-27-2011, 08:30 PM
Amazing detail combined with blur, Dawn. Absolutely love the perspective/comp! Hope the water was warm. :S3:

denise ippolito
04-27-2011, 08:41 PM
Dawn, I was going to get a fisheye for my Composer but never did, the image quality is nice. I like the view and as Steve said the blur. The small amount of blown white I feel is fine- you did great w/ this one!:S3:

Scott Vincent
04-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Hey Dawn, this is really nice. Amazing what you can do with a Lensbaby. You worked for this image and it payed off nicely! Love the clouds sweeping with "sphere" and sunset colors!

Mark Fuge
04-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Very nice image and application, Dawn.

I missed that one when we lived in Jupiter! :e3 Well done! :5

Brendan Dozier
04-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Very, very nice fisheye capture and composition, Dawn! Beautiful sky and colors and like the FG detail with the sea shells. You softened the water nicely with the .8 sec exposure.
Well done! :5

Anita Bower
04-30-2011, 04:57 AM
Definitely an unusual perspective! Most effective. It leaves me feeling a bit dizzy! I like the detail of the rocks in the foreground with the sweep of the sky. Wonderful soft texture to the water and islands. Nicely done!