PDA

View Full Version : King Rail

WIlliam Maroldo
04-27-2011, 02:58 PM
SonyA850~Sony70-400G@330mm~ISO1000~1/1250sec~F7.1~manual exposure~overcast~HH~4-26-2011~Brazos Bend State Park, Texas~CS5

comments and critique welcomed. regards~Bill

Peter Farrell
04-27-2011, 03:10 PM
Really nice one, Bill. I like the walking pose in it's environment and the BG colors. The flowers add a lot.
The BG is a bit bright for my tatses.
Peter

Daniel Cadieux
04-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Wonderful setting, and I love the walking pose with the foot raised way high. I love the flowers, but not so much the one in ULC which to me impedes the flow of the comp from right to left with the rail heading that way. On my repost, that flower is obvioulsy gone, but what else have I done?

WIlliam Maroldo
04-27-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks Peter, Daniel. Daniel good advice on the flowers. Otherwise I can't tell a difference with the laptop monitor I am using. I did consider using selective sharpening on the left leg, that did show a small amount of motion blur with the full sized image. When downsized for the web I didn't notice it, but it could very well be that this is because of my monitor as well. Is that what you did? Appreciate the feedback. Regards~Bill

Jim Fenton
04-27-2011, 07:21 PM
I love this image with the surroundings, the raised foot and the implied motion.

Also agree with the flower being gone.

I might sharpen the top part of the neck and the head selectively just a bit?

I'd be thrilled to pieces if this were mine :)

Daniel Cadieux
04-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Hey Bill, I haven't sharpened anything. I removed the small flower below the bill, as well as some brighter spots behind the head and above the upper back (via patch and clone tools). Last thing I did was slightly darken the remaining flowers to give them a bit more punch (via burn tool).

Mike Milicia
04-28-2011, 09:45 AM
This one is pretty special! Great bird in a wonderful setting! Love the raised foot.

Would like to see some more room at the bottom to give the virtual feet a bit more space.
If you're going to start evicting flowers, I might also consider eliminating the one in front of the bill and maybe even the two along the upper edge as well.

Scott Vincent
04-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Nice capture - love the pose, great setting.