Subject Distance = 1m
Metering Mode = CenterWeightedAverage
Flash = Off
Sensing Method = One-chip color area sensor
Exposure Mode = Auto exposure
White Balance = Auto white balance
Focal Length In 35mm Film = 157mm
Lens = nikkor 105.0 mm f/2.8 VR
Tripod, natural light from window, black cloth as BG.

Norm Dulak
04-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Adrian.

Beautiful color and exposure. The angle of the stem and the flower are very nice, and the black background really sets off the color of the flower. And the image is very sharp.

Well done!

bhavya joshi
04-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Nice image Adrian.. simple image But i like it.. nice color with Black BG.. Good one..:S3:

Randy Stout
04-28-2011, 06:53 AM
Adrian:

Clean, elegant. Framing is nice.

I could see an attempt to tone down some of the reflections on the central and left part of the flower.

Cheers

Randy

Mitch Haimov
04-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Nice, clean composition making good use of the frame. (Could be a little tighter at top.) Excellent sharpness. A different light angle or a polarizer to eliminate the glare would have been helpful here. Effective image overall.

Steve Maxson
04-29-2011, 08:02 PM
Another strong image, Adrian. A nice simple comp, the bright colors stand out well against the black, and you have good overall sharpness. I don't find the glare on the petal to be particularly bothersome. Well done.

Adrian David
04-30-2011, 03:51 AM
Thank you very much, for the comments!
The silky texture and color made it very hard to avoid the reflections...Using a polarizer filter, indoors, where the light is diffuse and not strictly unidirectional does not help in any way...(I have tried this myself on different occasions, with no visible effect)

Ken Childs
05-04-2011, 08:24 AM
Hi Adrian, you've got a lovely, clean flower and the black BG sets it off nicely. For my tastes, the flower looks just a bit too hot so I would tone it down slightly. It also looks too centered to me so I think I'd take a slice off the left and top. The are easy tweaks but whatever you do, you should be happy with this one. :S3: