PDA

View Full Version : The Eyes Have it!

Mark Fuge
04-27-2011, 11:22 AM
This is a closeup crop of the previous Peacock image, for a different perspective, for your viewing pleasure. :w3

Modifications in CS4 and Topaz included; Selective Color, Vibrance and Saturation, Adjust, Infocus as well as Fractalius.

Enjoy!

Dawn Currie
04-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Nice subject for Fractalius. This image catches your 'eye'

denise ippolito
04-27-2011, 08:36 PM
Mark, I think the eyes are well placed in the frame w/ the bottom one cutting it close. I like the abstract look to this and I think you did a nice job w/ the filter.

Kerry Perkins
04-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Mark, I really like this one and think it's one of your best! The mix of color and unsaturated parts of the feathers works nicely for me. It seems like the colors spill out of the eyes onto the other parts of the feathers. Very cool!

Mark Fuge
04-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

This was a fun one that I saw while working on the other Peacock image.

Denise, I tired to get room around, but the alignment of the "eyes" was tight and the crop caused the closeness. Based on that, I tried to balance the opposite "eyes" as much as possible, as noted in the bottom one and the top left one, as well as the top right and bottom left. Due to the amount of crop, I didn't want to try to put feather material back into it. I felt that might distract from the effect, if not perfectly done.

Anita Bower
04-30-2011, 05:01 AM
Really nice work here! Love the bright spheres of color against the muted bg. Great radiating lines and good crop. I don't mind that the eyes are close to the edges. One of your best images. :S3:

Judy Howle
04-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Very nice! I love the colorful eyes!