PDA

View Full Version : Lazuli Bunting - Sketch

Gus Hallgren
04-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Hi Folks;

Fell back on my old program AKVIS Sketch to sketch this Lazuli Bunting I captured in our garden.

CC's always welcome & very much appreciated

Warm regards

Gus

denise ippolito
04-25-2011, 06:14 PM
Gus, You know how much I love your thin signature border however for this image for some reason it takes away from it. Maybe because everything else is so bold. Love the filtering. I might evict the lighter colored bloom s on the right edge if it were mine.:S3: Lovely work and I'm glad you got back with your killer program!

Julie Kenward
04-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Gus, I agree with Denise on this one. Usually I love the border on your images but with it intersecting the right side flowers so much it really creates a barrier IMHO. I love the rest of the image, though!

Gus Hallgren
04-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Hi Gals;

Thanks for the kick start, I guess the devil made me do it, and your kind critique's kicked him out of the picture.

Think this is an improvement ?

Warm hugs

Gus :cheers:

Brendan Dozier
04-26-2011, 01:54 AM
Like the illustrated look to this Gus, nice colors. I like the simplicity to this and the blue border is more complimentary. Good job!

Mark Fuge
04-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Very nice image and application, Gus.

I might have moved the bird a little to the left to make it off center, but ... Y I ... Y V!!! as the say! :w3

Personally, I like the Blk border, as it complements the lines in the sketch more. But different strokes ... :c3:

denise ippolito
04-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Looks good Gus!:S3:

Scott Vincent
04-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Firstly Gus, big congrats on getting the Lazuli !!

Nice effects work. I was going to comment on your border until I saw your repost - much better :) The original border just didn;t work on this - too many intersecting bold lines with the thin one.

I like your repost a lot. Might try touching up the boarder in the upper-left and see if you like that better.