PDA

View Full Version : Leaf

OvidiuCavasdan
04-24-2011, 02:46 PM
40D, EF 100mm macro
F22
0.4 sec
ISO 200
Backlit leaf, manual mode, tripod, timer, MLU.

Brendan Dozier
04-24-2011, 09:54 PM
Beautiful close-up leaf detail, Ovidiu. The backlighting really brought out the fine details, and gave the greens a good glow. The diagonal lines help add to a very pleasing compostion. Nicely done! :S3:

bhavya joshi
04-24-2011, 11:21 PM
Great Ovidiu... nice macro.. like details and texture.. lines gave more beautiful image..:S3:

Mitch Haimov
04-25-2011, 09:49 AM
Great flowing lines in an excellent composition. I'm a fan of depicting interesting detail that most people overlook. What type of leaf is it?

Roman Kurywczak
04-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Hey Ovidiu,
I think the comp is very strong.....but for me the lighting isn't that dramatic. It's OK........but I think playing with the backlight andlge may give it more drama and make it stand out even more! Still a well done image.

Steve Maxson
04-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Hi Ovidiu. I agree that the flow of all those diagonals makes for a very strong comp. I also like the way the white lines stand out against the mix of greens. I think the lighting works well, as presented, though Roman's idea of trying some different lighting angles may also prove interesting. Well done.

OvidiuCavasdan
04-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks for comments. Not much to do about the light angle I think, because I shot this in natural light, against the bright sky. Do you mean artificial light angle? Never tried backlighting indoor with artificial light but this is something I should try.

Anita Bower
04-26-2011, 04:33 AM
Beautiful lines and color. Love those curves and the diagonal flow. Strong graphic quality. The light works really well for me. Excellent work!

OvidiuCavasdan
04-27-2011, 01:24 AM
Great flowing lines in an excellent composition. I'm a fan of depicting interesting detail that most people overlook. What type of leaf is it?
It is a Zantedeschia leaf (Calla Lily).

Thank you all for comments.

Ken Childs
04-30-2011, 05:14 PM
Hi Ovidiu,

You've got some great detail and the comp and flow of this one is outstanding! It looks great as is but a small boost in contrast might be what this needs to go up a level in "pop"! :S3: