View Full Version : L'Aurore ( anthocharis cardamines) orange tip

Paolo Piazza
04-23-2011, 03:13 AM
http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/156/ed9f7549.jpg

hand helded

1D IV and 300 2.8 with TC 2X III

Mitch Haimov
04-23-2011, 11:32 PM
Sweet subject! Composition is strong. And entirely within DOF except right end of stem. Ideally, the entire stem would be sharp, but I can see that it curved toward you so that wasn't an option. You did a great job of getting the entire butterfly sharp, including the tips of both antennae, an accomplishment in itself. This is an excellent image, and there are a couple things I think you can do to make it even better:

brighten the head a little and bring out the eye.
clone out the white line (spider web?) and white dot in LL.

Excellent work.

OvidiuCavasdan
04-24-2011, 01:01 PM
Good composition and fine details. I like the lighting on the wings but as mentioned by Mitch I would like to see the head/eye a bit brighter and cleaned the spider web.

Brendan Dozier
04-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Great looking butterfly, Paolo. Nice details, color, and lighting. Some good suggestions made by Mitch, but very nice capture! :S3:

Roman Kurywczak
04-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey Paolo,
Good advice by Mitch on lightening the face and eye.......will help a lot. I do like the crop as presented because of the sweep of the flower.....but a crop off the right.....just to the left of the leaves and then just above the web on the bottom would also work as a tighter presentation. Just something to think about and all easy tweaks.

Steve Maxson
04-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi Paolo. I, too, like the composition and you have good sharpness where you most need it. There are already some good suggestions above for you to consider. I think I would like the image more if the spider webs along the plant stem were either - 1) more visible and distinct, or 2) cloned out completely. :S3: Overall, this is well done.

Ken Childs
04-27-2011, 08:34 AM
Hi Paolo, lots of great advice already given so I won't repeat it. A few tweaks will take this already beautiful image up a notch or 2. :S3: