PDA

View Full Version : Too late...

OvidiuCavasdan
04-22-2011, 02:19 PM
40D, EF 100mm macro
F22
1/6 sec
ISO 200

Taken outdoors, natural light/collapsable reflector, tripod, black cloth as bg (set it inside the garage in low light)
Usually we are looking for flowers in perfect shape. Not this time...

Mitch Haimov
04-22-2011, 08:36 PM
Nice, Ovidiu! The black BG works really well for his one--a good compliment to the blacks in the subject. Composition is very strong as well--I like the stem entering near but not through the corner. Cropping ~half of the negative space on the right would also work well. Excellent detail showing off the texture of the withered petals.

bhavya joshi
04-23-2011, 04:00 AM
First time I have seen like this, a withers flowers with nice texture. and details..with Good BG also..
looking different .. Thanks for sharing.. Ovidiu..:c3:

Anita Bower
04-23-2011, 05:01 AM
Nice work! Usually I don't like withered flowers, but this one appeals to me. Lovely colors and details, beautiful light, great composition. Black bg works well to highlight the flower. What post processing did you use to get such lovely details?

OvidiuCavasdan
04-24-2011, 01:08 PM
Thanks for comments.
Anita, I dont know much about PP, so just some s/h, curves, selective color added black for the bg. The texture on the petals was really interesting and that draw my attention on this withered tulip.

Brendan Dozier
04-24-2011, 10:14 PM
I like that you chose something different & interesting, Ovidiu. The color, detail, and shape make a very nice composition. Nice job! :S3:

Roman Kurywczak
04-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Hey Ovidiu,
I think the subject you chose works very well and the black BG really makes it stand out! Ideally I would have wanted a hair more seperation in the petals that are touching.....but as delicate as they are at this stage......probably not a real option! Nice look at something we often overlook!

Steve Maxson
04-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Hi Ovidiu. This is a well executed image. I like the curving flow of the stem that leads us into the frame. You have good color and detail, nice lighting, and the black background really sets it all off. Well done.

Ken Childs
04-27-2011, 08:29 AM
It's all been said already so I'll just congratulate you for finding beauty in something that most people would overlook. :S3: