PDA

View Full Version : Free fall!

Indranil Sircar
04-20-2011, 08:22 PM
This one is from last year... I was trying out blurs and this brown pelican showed up and was diving frequently. It was certainly an interesting subject to try blurs and I took this at the moment of the dive as if it was getting into a free fall! Used minor color adjustment using selective color and a round of nr. Hope you like it...

Scott Vincent
04-20-2011, 09:17 PM
Indranil, I definitely like it! The blur, the ghosting of the wings, and particularly the swirl of the grasses that keep pointing the viewer back to the bird - all make for a very unique image. Very nice :S3:

Brendan Dozier
04-20-2011, 09:23 PM
The diving action is perfect for a blur, Indranil. I like the blur lines extending diagonally from the wings & tail. Wishing his head and neck were just a bit more extended, but still cool looking. Do you know what the SS was for the blur?

denise ippolito
04-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Indranil, Something Out of the Box! Very nice free fall look and I like what looks like a sweeping of grass at the bottom.:S3:

Cheryl Slechta
04-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Indranil, I like this a lot, especially the grasses and the pose. I find the darkest area on the pelican to be a little distracting (because I can't tell what it is):S3:

Andrew McLachlan
04-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Indranil, I like this one, it has a nice amount of blur. Can just make out the eye and the grasses at the bottom are nice too :S3:

Kerry Perkins
04-22-2011, 08:32 PM
Good show Indranil, and something different which I like. I keep hearing Tom Petty in my head... :c3: (If you don't know, he has a song called "Free Falling".)

Indranil Sircar
04-22-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks all. Appreciate it a lot.

The diving action is perfect for a blur, Indranil. I like the blur lines extending diagonally from the wings & tail. Wishing his head and neck were just a bit more extended, but still cool looking. Do you know what the SS was for the blur?

Brendan, I typically use 1/15 or 1/8sec. In this case it was 1/8sec.

Good show Indranil, and something different which I like. I keep hearing Tom Petty in my head... :c3: (If you don't know, he has a song called "Free Falling".)

Thanks Kerry. I remember Free Falling from Jerry Maguire:w3