bhavya joshi
04-20-2011, 03:50 AM
well.. This is Frog no 3. of different species. (need ID PL.):w3
with canon A495
ISO: 100
F:4.5
Just Cropped only..
hope you all, like little fella. :S3:

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/207555_210725355624195_100000601962672_765523_6100 907_n.jpg

Brendan Dozier
04-20-2011, 10:22 PM
Cute little frog, Joshi, and like the head-on perspective. Nice sharp detail on head & eyes, and think the rest of body, legs, & BG being blurred works with this comp. The dark shadow below may be a little distracting, but still very nice capture SOC! :S3:

bhavya joshi
04-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Thank Brendan, I am waiting only, about comments on shadow, due to distracting.
because I used software for this, but it was not working. so any Idea??:2

Ken Childs
04-21-2011, 07:34 AM
Joshi, I really like the pose and in this case, the relatively shallow DOF works well. You should clone over the dark spot on the left side but I'm not sure what you can do about the shadow which is somewhat distracting. Let's wait and see if anyone else has suggestions.

Steve Maxson
04-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Hi Joshi. Another cute little frog. Good sharpness within your DOF - I would wish that the "nose" was a little sharper. :S3: I think the main issue with the image is the very dark shadow. I tried making some adjustments in Photoshop using curves, selective color, and brightness/contrast. Nothing really helped much. There seems to be almost no detail within the shadow so lightening it just makes it turn gray - not an improvement, IMO. Ideally, you could use an off-camera flash (or flashes), perhaps with a diffuser to soften the light, and angled to minimize harsh shadows. Frogs are great subjects so I hope you have more opportunities to photograph them. :S3:

bhavya joshi
04-22-2011, 02:43 AM
Hi Joshi. Another cute little frog. Good sharpness within your DOF - I would wish that the "nose" was a little sharper. :S3: I think the main issue with the image is the very dark shadow. I tried making some adjustments in Photoshop using curves, selective color, and brightness/contrast. Nothing really helped much. There seems to be almost no detail within the shadow so lightening it just makes it turn gray - not an improvement, IMO. Ideally, you could use an off-camera flash (or flashes), perhaps with a diffuser to soften the light, and angled to minimize harsh shadows. Frogs are great subjects so I hope you have more opportunities to photograph them. :S3:

yes Steve.. I think it is not possible to erase these shadow..... i also try.. and its not working..
spring is going and many more opportunity to take a frog photograph, even better than this.. but without shadow..:bg3:

Thanks for Idea..

Roman Kurywczak
04-22-2011, 01:57 PM
Hey Joshi,
If you don't have the ability to get the flash off camera or don't have a 2nd one......try using a reflector or even aluminum foil even........to bounce some additional light under the frog. Just something to keep in mind for out in the field next time out!