PDA

View Full Version : Bare-throated Tiger Heron

Richard Stern
03-24-2008, 04:05 PM
By the reservoir at Tikal in Feb. A species I haven't seen photographed very often. I tried to clone out some green stems that were interfering with the bird, and used the spot healing brush a bit. I think the bird could be vertically centered a bit more. Any other comments welcome.

D300, Tamron 200-500

Exposure time: 1/250 s
F number: 6.3
Exposure program: Aperture priority
ISO speed rating: 1250

Richard

Harold Davis
03-24-2008, 05:20 PM
hi richard, the image, especially the foliage, looks way oversaturated. as far as the birds placement in the frame, it looks good only a little big, but it looks like you cut off his feet and tail. even though you cant see them, you need to leave room in the frame for those parts. never seen a tiger heron. very cool. thanks for sharing!!

Nonda Surratt
03-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Definitely a cool bird I've never seen one either!

And what Harold said, I do think the bird needs more room.

Gus Cobos
03-25-2008, 06:58 AM
Hey Richard,
Your bird looks cool; never seen one before. Must agree with Mr. Harold about the spacing issue. Outside of that, I like it...:D

Gus...:cool:

Alfred Forns
03-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Hi Richard Agree with all above As presented the bird is large in frame Need to give more room all around and be careful with the feet They are clipped Even if you can not seen the room must be left for virtual feet

Would also decrease saturation for the Green channel My PS is not working in the work computer? Will give it a try at home You did well with the head angle and pose The stick removal was well done also 1!!

Judd Patterson
03-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Nice one Richard. I agree on the spacing and Alfred's comment about desaturating the greens...they are extremely vibrant and over the top on the my screen. I'd back them down pretty aggressively to return a more natural feel to the image. Beautiful bird for sure!

Oscar Zangroniz
03-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Beautiful bird, never seen one. You've been critique very well by some of the finest.
congrats,