40D, EF100mm macro
F 13
1/30sec
ISO 400
Manual mode, tripod, late afternoon sun, slightly cropped,

Roman Kurywczak
04-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Hey Ovidiu,
Not my favorite perch.....but the light and comp are VG.....although I could go a bit tighter for my tastes as the frog is fantasic and I want to see more of it and less of the perch. Let's see what others think!

Patrick Sparkman
04-19-2011, 09:16 PM
I agree with Roman, as the brown OOF area behind the frog draws my eye away. In fact, I wish the DOF was a little more shallow so that area would be more blurred. Also it seems a little too contrasty, and the saturation could probably be increased.

Mitch Haimov
04-19-2011, 11:31 PM
Nice image, Ovidu. I agree with a tighter crop so we can see more detail, as well as with pumping up the color a bit (but only a bit). Burning/darkening the perch would help keep the viewer's attention on your subject. Yeah, a little more PP time and you can really improve an already successful image.

bhavya joshi
04-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Nice frog ovidiu..nicely captured.
Agree with above comments.. also, I think you should do little more editing in this image.. as per says..:S3:

Steve Maxson
04-20-2011, 12:53 PM
Hi Ovidiu. This is a very colorful frog and it is giving you an excellent pose. Good comp and sharpness. There are some interesting comments above to consider. You might experiment with reducing contrast a little and blurring the background more, as I think that would take this image up a notch or two. :S3:

Brendan Dozier
04-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Very cool looking tee frog and pose, Ovidiu. Nice sharpness, color, exposure, agree maybe tighter crop would strengthen it. Good work!

Ken Childs
04-21-2011, 07:17 AM
Hey Ovidiu, you found a cool frog and captured a great pose! I like the idea of a tighter crop and blurring the BG so the area in front of the head isn't distracting. Here's a quick edit to show what I was thinking of.

OvidiuCavasdan
04-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Repost is better. Thanks Ken!:S3: