PDA

View Full Version : WHITE RUMPED SHAMA | Goa

RakeshDhareshwar
04-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Very bad light when I was shooting this . I managed to locate the bird because of the melidious song .

Techs:-
Model = Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Exposure Time = 1/60"
F Number = F8
Exposure Program = Aperture priority
ISO Speed Ratings = 3200
Exposure Bias Value = -0.33EV
Metering Mode = Spot
Focal Length = 1200mm
White Balance = Manual white balance

Cheers,
Rakesh

Tom Rambaut
04-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Always interesting to see a species I have never heard of.

Image is very engaging but I think needs some room on the right, and that is coming from someone who crops tight. I also like the detail in the upper wing area. The IQ seems very good for such a high ISO.

TFS

RakeshDhareshwar
04-19-2011, 12:07 AM
Thanx Tom . Actually this is shot with a 2X TC ...so at 1200mm and a FF image . Interestingly I was trying for some more room on the left and I did try to move away to get some more room ,but the guy flew away .

bhavya joshi
04-19-2011, 01:25 AM
'MELODY SONGS OF BIRDS, ATTRACTED.. PHOTOGRAPHERS..' I read this Quotes from net. I think you have same story.:bg3:
but..nicely captured.. cutey bird.. I like details and color.. I enjoy really:c3:

Pieter de Waal
04-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Nicely exposed image Rakesh. Great IQ with good feather detail. Good use of DOF. I would have liked a little more head turn.

Joe Senzatimore
04-19-2011, 02:14 PM
Beautiful colors and complimentary BG all work together. Wonderful detail and exposure. never saw one of these so TFS. I might think about making this a horizontal with canvas added on the right. It,(the bird), needs some space to "look into".:2eyes2:

Kaustubh Deshpande
04-19-2011, 02:19 PM
Rakesh, very well done. hard to get this one on such evenly blurred BG. IQ is terrific and so is the pose.

Jeff Dyck
04-19-2011, 10:09 PM
Really well done Rakesh - I am amazed at the image quality you have achieved given what was required to get the shot (ISO3200, 1/60s, 2X TC (I assume?)). Great pose. I am a little torn on the bright green spot - it does distract from the subject, but makes for an interesting background. A little more canvas on the right maybe?