PDA

View Full Version : The Art of Bird Photography - Field Guide - Available in OZ

Lance Peters
03-24-2008, 03:37 PM
Hi - just thought I would let everyone know in case they are intrested... Just picked up Arthur's

The art of bird photography: the complete guide to professional field techniques

Online form a supplier here in Australia $60 Australian - supplier is www.andrewisles.com (http://www.andrewisles.com) not sure how many they have/had.

also one available on amazon for $50 U.S..

Lance

Alfred Forns
03-24-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks Lance The book will be available soon It is being reprinted !!! Won't be long !!

Jared Lloyd
03-25-2008, 08:36 AM
I have yet to look at this book, but am currious as to why I have seen the price up to nearly $200 before. Is the book THAT good?

Ken Kijewski
03-26-2008, 04:10 PM
It is the staple of avian photography!!

Fabs Forns
03-26-2008, 04:22 PM
I have yet to look at this book, but am currious as to why I have seen the price up to nearly $200 before. Is the book THAT good?

It's not only good, but out of print for a big while. Not for long, though.

Lance Peters
03-26-2008, 04:38 PM
Hi - I should have it today, hapyy that it is being reprinted though.

Lance

Doug West
03-27-2008, 01:45 AM

I'll let mine go for only $150 :D

Doug

Arthur Morris
03-30-2008, 03:22 PM

No actually a bit better than that. It contains the best treatment of exposure theory anywhere and has been the bible for the 30,000 folks who purchased either the hard cover or the soft cover Amphoto versions (he said modestly). Just the facts ma'am. We are currently having 5,000 copies printed in China under the imprint of BAA Books. With a bit of patience, it can be yours for $30 plus shipping. It is rare to find an excellent bird photographer who did not learn a ton from the book. Best I know who learned on his own is Jim Neiger.

later and love, artei

Jared Lloyd
03-30-2008, 10:42 PM
i'm definitely interested in the reprint once it comes out. . . other than the fact that its a hardcopy, is there much difference between it and number 2? Meaning, does the second "book on CD" build upon the first" or are they totally different?
thanks,
Jared

Arthur Morris
03-31-2008, 03:43 AM
ABP II is the all-new continuation of the original. The only stuff that is repeated in part is Exposure Theory and Flash. They are presented in a totally new light in "Exposure Simplified" and "Flash Simplified" as I refined my teaching techniques with regards to these two subjects quite a bit between 1998 and 2006. The coverage of Exposure Theory in the original "The Art of Bird Photography" should be required reading for all photographers. I consistently find that folks DO NOT understand how to handle whites as compared to mid tones as compared to blacks (in the same light). And that statement includes some excellent and highly skilled photographers. I would venture to say that no more than 1 in 50 folks who attends an IPT has a good handle on exposure theory.

later and love and thanks for your interest. artie

ps: The book will be announced via BAA free On-Line Bulletins

TerryM
07-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Can't wait to buy the book and read it. Are we close?

Arthur Morris
07-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Bad news/Good news. I gave up having the book reprinted by Print Plus (whom Tim Fitharris loves to work with) as their total incompetence was incomprehenisble. I am now having the book reprinted (with a slightly different cover design and some minor changes) with CS Graphics who originally printed the book for Amphoto. Will advise of the new expected delivery date....