PDA

View Full Version : Before the Sunrise

Rachel Hollander
04-18-2011, 10:08 AM
Taken on the causeway to Sanibel Island, Florida a few minutes before my other sunrise shot.

Canon 7D
100-400 @ 180mm
1/400
f8
ISO 400
HH, building removed with content aware, levels and curves adjustment, USM applied selectively to clouds in CS5.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

Dave Mills
04-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Hi Rachel, brilliant orange colors as many of your images depict. While this one has the color and is divided well compositionally I don't feel it has a compelling center of interest. I also feel you have shown stronger images of a similar nature prior to this posting.

Rachel Hollander
04-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Thanks Dave. I liked the clouds and most of them got cropped out of the final pano version of the sunrise photo taken the same morning but you're right I much prefer that image with the bold sun.

Rachel

Roman Kurywczak
04-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Hey Rachel,
For me......a crop just above the reverse c on the upeer LH side would help this image quite a bit comp wise. I do think if you had used a tripod.......for a slower SS......that would have given the water an entirely different look.....although if you were on the causeway......probably not possible due to vibration from passing cars! Nicely done overall......and the small crop wil take it up a notch.

Andrew McLachlan
04-19-2011, 03:22 PM
Hi Rachel, agree with the above comments. Given the opportunity again I would love to see this as a long exposure to blur the water, but having never been there sounds like a busy stretch of road so may not be possible. I love the colors in the sky, just beautiful.:S3:

Robert Amoruso
04-20-2011, 05:57 AM
I third the long exposure to blur the water.

Rachel Hollander
04-23-2011, 07:45 AM
Thanks Roman, Andrew and Robert for the suggestions and tips. I'll take a look at the crop and use a slower ss next time.

Rachel