PDA

View Full Version : Broad-billed Hummingbird Oil Painting

Gus Hallgren
04-17-2011, 04:10 PM
Hi Folks;

Photographed this little Broad-billed Hummingbird at Madera Kubo B&B yesterday and with the help of free Fotosketcher created this oil painting. I'm really pleased with this program as I tried a couple of paid programs first.

CC's always welcome & very much appreciated.

Warm regards

Gus

BTW: FWIW: I have had numerous problems with BPN not working without glitches. However, recently found problems with secure accounts that were serious. Culprit was Internet Explorer 9. Removed it converting back to ver 8 solved everything incld. more browsing speed

denise ippolito
04-17-2011, 07:18 PM
Gus, Glad you got the internet thing worked out. You rule with this program. I love the thin border outline. Very nice colors on your hummer and some nice detail. I do wish it had turned just a bit more our way but it is still a nice capture.:S3:

Cheryl Slechta
04-17-2011, 08:46 PM
Gus, I really love the colors with the blues and greens of the hummer echoed in the bg. You really do wonders with that program:S3:

Brendan Dozier
04-17-2011, 09:26 PM
Great looking hummer, Gus, and nice job with fotosketcher! The colors are very rich, and really like the texture you created for the BG. Nice work!

Gus Hallgren
04-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Hi Folks;

Thank you for looking and your kind comments.

Be interested in what you think of a painting done using PostworkShop that takes 10x the steps of Fotosketch and IMHO looks more like a brush painting :cheers:

Will post it tomorrow.

Warm regards

Gus

denise ippolito
04-18-2011, 05:47 AM
Looking forward to it Gus.:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
04-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi Gus, you did a beautiful job on this one with Fotosketcher. Love the colors and the framing also. Look forward to the next post.:S3:

Kerry Perkins
04-18-2011, 07:57 PM
Nice job Gus, lovely colors and painterly brush strokes. Will be interesting to see what the other program does!