PDA

View Full Version : Ice Plant in the Sun

Brendan Dozier
04-16-2011, 08:52 PM
Ok, this isnt very extreme OOTB, but I liked how these ice plant blossoms were glowing in the sun, and started to experiment with some blurs for the first time. I did some more exagerated blurs, but this was a very, very slight blur, and for some reason, it seemed to only affect the blossoms and not the green parts. Liked how it softened them.

Looking at it reminds me of my grandma, who loved being in her flower garden and was always full of so much joy! Pretty much SOOC, crop, little bit of dodging and cloning out some spots.

denise ippolito
04-17-2011, 05:55 AM
Brendan, I like this. I wonder if you toned down the brightness a touch if it would look good too. I would have probably cleaned the pine needles off the plant before photographing it-but now that I see the almost connecting lines of them they do add some interest, I may rethink cleaning off my next plant:S3: thanks. Very nicely framed.

Hazel Grant
04-17-2011, 07:43 AM
like the sun play on the edges.

Indranil Sircar
04-17-2011, 12:34 PM
Beautiful composition, Brendan. Nice colors and framing. I would second Denise in toning down the brightness.

Brendan Dozier
04-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks Denise and Hazel, appreciate your feedback

Brendan, I like this. I wonder if you toned down the brightness a touch if it would look good too. I would have probably cleaned the pine needles off the plant before photographing it-but now that I see the almost connecting lines of them they do add some interest, I may rethink cleaning off my next plant:S3: thanks. Very nicely framed.

Here's it is with brightness toned down some, using both "brightness" & "levels" adjustments. I think that actually brings out the glow more. I also softed edges a little in Topaz Detail. I like the pine needles, but should have removed some of the dark debris clumps on site so I would not have to do it in post processing. Thanks Denise, that's a good reminder for future shots.:S3:

Brendan Dozier
04-17-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks, Indranil!

Cheryl Slechta
04-17-2011, 08:49 PM
Brendan, the repost looks great!:S3:

Brendan Dozier
04-17-2011, 09:21 PM
Thanks, Cheryl! :S3: