PDA

View Full Version : Composite image

Roy Priest
04-16-2011, 07:40 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum but in my haste to capture this Long Billed Thrasher I cut of his feet about have way down the leg. I had some images with feet but with the head turned away from me so I borrowed some feet and made this image.

Cheryl Flory
04-16-2011, 07:43 PM
what a sharp image, Roy! I can't see where you added the legs. I might take a tiny bit off the top and add a tiny bit to the bottom. Gorgeous bird and perch!

Nancy Bell
04-16-2011, 07:47 PM
That is a spectacular image! I agree with Cheryl about adding some to the bottom and taking some off the top. The completely OOF shaded green background perfectly sets off the thrasher.

Brendan Dozier
04-16-2011, 08:22 PM
Really, really beautiful crystal clear image, Roy, nice job! Great job adding the feet in, could not tell if you had not told me. Very nice pose & composition, agree with taking a bit from top and adding a bit to bottom. Also, this is being very picky, but there looks like a very slight green cast along the edge of the bottom part of the belly, and just to right of rt. wing tip. Probably can be removed by desaturation. Well done!

Scott Vincent
04-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Nice surgery, Roy!! I like the attentive, sharp bird and great perch with berries. As others have suggested, might consider cropping more off the top, and adding to the bottom, if available.

denise ippolito
04-17-2011, 06:00 AM
Roy, Nice work indeed! I like the sharp details and alert pose, great suggestions offered by the OOTB crew. On the right edge you have some type of artifact in the URC (looks like added canvas-which I'm not sure you need anyway) that I would crop out if it were mine. I do see a slight color cast as Brendan stated. Great looking image and fantastic PS work.:S3:

Indranil Sircar
04-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Very nice work with the composite, Roy. Hard to tell the difference! Excellent and sharp image in itself. Good suggestions already. Thanks for sharing.

WIlliam Maroldo
04-17-2011, 06:29 PM
I think you did an excellent job with the compositing. I am troubled with the OOF branch on the right third of the image. You have any images where this is in focus? regards~Bill

Steven Kersting
04-17-2011, 06:30 PM
Very nice job!

Cheryl Slechta
04-17-2011, 08:51 PM
Roy, really excellent job on the feet. It's a beautiful image:S3: