PDA

View Full Version : Sunbeam

Roman Kurywczak
04-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Sorry been too busy lately to pop in and I have just recently returned from leading my Arches/Monument Valley tour. This was from a day trip to the slot canyons. I have been there many times and while it has gotten very crowded......it is still quite the site and I always find new things to photograph. The light bouncing around in there is always just amazing!
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 28-135mm lens at 28mm for 8 seconds at f22 and ISO 100 tripod mounted w/ Graf Studioball head.

My schedule should be slowing down once again for a few weeks and I look to be on the forums a bit more!

Randy Bronkema
04-16-2011, 03:42 PM
I have not posted in this forum yet but I really like this. the beam of light is about perfect. sharp, nice color and exposure on the rocks. I would maybe take out the hot spot on the rocks above the light beam blend it in with the rest of the rock some. Great image!!!!!,
Randy

Dave Mills
04-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Hi Roman, Very well handled technically and compositionally.The trick to shooting in the slots is getting detail in the brighter and darker areas which is done successfully here.. Good texture to the beam with the weed on the lower left adding interest. Nicely done!

dankearl
04-16-2011, 06:13 PM
Surreal.
Just a great use of light and very well exposed in what looks like difficult conditions to me.
I would probably have removed the weed.
It adds some interest but is also a bit distracting.
The light beam is perfect.

Brendan Dozier
04-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Wow, talk about capturing the light! Really nice composition, Roman, like angle of the beam of light, the glow & detail to the canyon walls. Well done!

Rachel Hollander
04-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Roman - Very well done. I like that you included area above the beam as well. The waves in the canyon wall look great. The weed also adds interest for me.

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew McLachlan
04-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Hey Roman, nice to see you back and with such a fabulous image too! :5

Robert Amoruso
04-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Roman,

I do like the diagonal shaft of light a lot but not the bright spot on the ground. My preference would be to crop that spot out.

Roman Kurywczak
04-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Thanks all!

Robert.....much like waterfall......I left the pool in for that reason......although I do have versions w/o it!:w3.........I'm personally torn on that one!

Gerald_Gilligan
04-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Hey Roman,

What a great exposure!

The shadow detail and warm mood sends it over for me.

Jerry

Andrew Aveley
04-20-2011, 07:06 AM
great technicals and end result ! colours are really great