PDA

View Full Version : Walking into the sunset

Nancy Bell
04-15-2011, 05:15 PM
I photographed this image in the Wild *** Sanctuary in the Little Rann of Kutch in India. The sanctuary is part of a massive area of monsoonal grasslands that turn into a land of dried cracked mud that seems endless. I have no idea how these animals survive.

I enhanced the sunset colors during the RAW conversion as well as using the red curve of the Curves control, plus deepened the blacks.

c & c most welcome.

Brendan Dozier
04-15-2011, 05:46 PM
Beautiful composition, Nancy! So quiet & solitary. Amazing rich color, especially that sky. Love the soft edges to on the sun & horizon and they contrast nicely with the sharp sillouette of what I'm guessing is a mule (not sure). Very well done!:S3:

Nancy Bell
04-15-2011, 07:03 PM
Thank you! The animal is officially a wild a*s, but I see the BPN posting does not allow that word. So I guess the next best word is "donkey" :S3:.

denise ippolito
04-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Love it Nancy,great colors and feel. It looks like the road is sloped, not sure if it needs a slight rotation still. The donkey w/ it's head down tells a nice story of the day being done...:S3:

Kerry Perkins
04-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Nancy, you can say a s s in this case, it's all in how you spell it! :bg3:

I really like this one a lot. The sun balances the, um, animal nicely in the opposite corner of the frame. The colors and exposure are great and I love the sharpness of the, uh, horsey thing... :c3:

Judy Howle
04-15-2011, 09:23 PM
I really like the colors and the sun looks great. I also like the simplicity of the composition. Beautiful!

Andrew McLachlan
04-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Nancy, this is a lovely comp, love the sun and just enough detail in the donkey. Very nicely done! :S3:

Indranil Sircar
04-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Wonderful composition, Nancy. It give the sense of solitary environment in the dry and bleak landscape. I did not realize you spent time at the sanctuary. Nicely done.

Richard Lovison
04-16-2011, 07:02 AM
Nancy,

I love the simplicity and peacefulness of this image. It's beautiful as presented... I wouldn't touch a thing. :S3: Well done.

Richard

Nancy Bell
04-16-2011, 03:50 PM
Thank you all! If you want to see what the "horse-y" thing looks like in the daylight, I posted an image in the Wildlife Forum. And my visit to the Gujurat state in India was wonderful.