PDA

View Full Version : The drop#2

OvidiuCavasdan
04-15-2011, 04:29 PM
40D, EF 100mm macro
F/29
0,4sec
ISO 200

Manual mode, tripod, natural light and collapsable reflector, full frame.

Brendan Dozier
04-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Awesome, Ovidiu, a text book macro image and you got the second leaf tip! Now I want to see the third leaf! Just kidding! :bg3: Very nicely done!

Mitch Haimov
04-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Great job, Ovidiu! Everything's sharp, and we get to see the second tip. Love the texture--I want to touch it. I also like that the left side of the middle leaf extends to the top of the frame. The reflection of your reflector is less noticeable/distracting in this one, too. A significant improvement over the first post, at least IMHO. :5

Which image do you prefer?

OvidiuCavasdan
04-15-2011, 11:53 PM
Compared to the first image I think the water drop has a nicer shape in the previous image. Another thing is that my eyes are keep looking at the second leaf tip. And this is bothering me more than the cut off leaf tip in the first image. More than that, I imagine this one even without the drop and think that it would work.
Which one I prefer? Hard to tell, but I tend to prefer the first one. Strange enough:S3:

Hey Brendan, how would you like the third leaf tip? With or without a water drop? (just kidding:w3)

Thanks for comments.

Mitch Haimov
04-16-2011, 09:37 AM
I did notice the better shape of the drop in the first post, but didn't mention it in an attempt to not be too picky. I still prefer the second post overall.

Roman Kurywczak
04-16-2011, 01:05 PM
Hey Ovidiu,
Yep....water drop in first but I do like this comp better. I wonder if you just did the 1 leaf and drop......and no edges of the leaf in the frame......that may be the strongest presentation. Just a thought for you to try out! Overall.....thhis was very well done!

Hazel Grant
04-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Nothing I can add....just congrats on a job well done!

kostas nianiopoulos
04-17-2011, 02:56 AM
nicely done

Steve Maxson
04-17-2011, 10:22 AM
Hi Ovidiu. The lighting and sharpness are very nice in both of your images, but for me, the comp is much stronger in this one. :S3: Well done.

Ken Childs
04-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Ovidiu, this is definitely what I was wanting from your previous post. The technical aspects of both shots is good but the comp on this one definitely takes it up, IMHO. Well done! :5

Anita Bower
04-19-2011, 03:24 PM
Beautifully composed! Love the angle of the leaves, how the left side of the middle leaf goes all the way to the top. Lovely colors, textures and sharpness. The water drop has no distracting reflections. Everything works perfectly!