PDA

View Full Version : Too Much Least Tern

Bob Malbon
01-04-2008, 10:17 AM
Dose this work for you? I like the impact of the Tern filling the farme but not sure it is frame worthy! - Thanks, Bob

Least Tern - June 2007 - GRB, K'Port, ME

http://www.maine-wild.smugmug.com/photos/163945064-L.jpg

Fabs Forns
01-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Hmmmm, I love the face and the fact that you got some separation of the eye from the black head, not an easy task unless the light hits it perfectly as it did here.

Not sure about the crop, mainly because of the deep shadow in the body and the flat top wing.

I tried a different crop and some shadow/highlight on it. Be aware that was working on a small jpg, so using S?H on the original file will yield better results.

Alfred Forns
01-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Hi Bob

I think the main problem here is the light Out in the sun when it is full out is difficult to get a bird in flight overhead

You got great detail around the eye but the underside hurts the image Cropping wise I think Fabs looks good With good light I think it would be an excellent image !!!!

Robert Amoruso
01-04-2008, 08:35 PM
I think Fabs re-crop works to strengthen the image. Alfred got it with the contrast. It gets tough when the light gets high.

Jim Caldwell
01-05-2008, 09:17 PM
The first thing that struck me was the strong contrast and unflattering angle of the sun. I concur with the previous posters as to cropping and reducing contrast. On the other hand - it is really a sharp image which isn't always easy to accomplish when capturing a flying bird!