PDA

View Full Version : Hobby

Jaap Bakker
04-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Difficult species,this day I had my change.
Sit there and stayed.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/time1962/DeBoomvalk.jpg

Dave Leroy
04-12-2011, 04:22 PM
I really like the very soft and coloured bg. Adds a lot to the photo.

My preference would be for vertical crop while eliminating the plank nailed to the side of the post.

Nice and sharp and tons of detail in the Hobby.

I am curious about what camera, lens and settings you used.

Looking forward to more.

Dave

Jeff Dyck
04-12-2011, 04:26 PM
Beautiful background Jaap. The pose is very unusual - without the wings and tail visible, the bird almost doesn't look like a bird! I think I'd opt for vertical crop here. I'd also crop up a bit from the bottom to go above the end of the fence brace. I'd also suggest a bit more sharpening be applied of the feathers.

Daniel Cadieux
04-12-2011, 05:16 PM
According to the embedded exif: Canon 40D, 500mm, 1/400s., f/4, ISO 400, +0.3 EC, no flash.

Don't forget to add those to your description next time as this info may help with critiques:c3:

A very whimsical look to this fella! I normally do not like fence posts as perches, but I am OK with this one (minus the extra part at lower right). Love the pose, and you have an excellent BG...great colours! I don't mind the horizontal comp because of the BG, but I agree a vertical would work very well here. Hope you took some like that too.

Where are you from? Where was this taken? Which species is this? Sorry for all the questions...:S3:

Arsdel Fluesmeier
04-12-2011, 06:07 PM
This is a dandy Jaap. Looking straight at you. Nice detail.

Brendan Dozier
04-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Wonderful pose, Jaap, and really like the whole composition very much. It kind of reminds me of the stance of a penguin, love the ruffled feathers and BG is great. Agree with vertical crop. Well done!

Jaap Bakker
04-14-2011, 12:27 AM
According to the embedded exif: Canon 40D, 500mm, 1/400s., f/4, ISO 400, +0.3 EC, no flash.

Don't forget to add those to your description next time as this info may help with critiques:c3:

A very whimsical look to this fella! I normally do not like fence posts as perches, but I am OK with this one (minus the extra part at lower right). Love the pose, and you have an excellent BG...great colours! I don't mind the horizontal comp because of the BG, but I agree a vertical would work very well here. Hope you took some like that too.

Where are you from? Where was this taken? Which species is this? Sorry for all the questions...:S3:

Thanks for the EXIF Daniël,I`ve to learn this forum.
I`m from Holland,the Netherlands,photo is also taken here.
The species is a Hobby,Falco family,Falco subbuteo.