PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Mini-World

Andrew McLachlan
04-11-2011, 06:45 PM
Yikes! I ventured out of my comfort zone and attempted a mini-world of the Toronto skyline at night. Inspired by Denise's blog post showing the NYC skyline and her Filter Guide, I gave it a whirl.

I am thinking the CN Tower should be pointing more to the upper right corner though.

Look forward to comments.

Kerry Perkins
04-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Andrew, you pretty comfortable in this zone to me! Super job on the mini world and I just love these colors. Toronto is one of my favorite cities and you made it look spectacular! I could see several different rotations working well for this one.

denise ippolito
04-12-2011, 06:40 AM
Andrew, Looks pretty cool to me! I like the pink sky and the warm color tones on the buildings. I agree w/ you regarding the rotation. Glad to have inspired you...:S3:

Indranil Sircar
04-12-2011, 12:32 PM
Very nice composition, Andrew. Nice colors and details. Agree on the rotation. Nicely done.

Scott Vincent
04-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Hey Andrew - Nice job with the mini world. Colors are great!!

You can also see what you think when you select the inside (a couple clicks of the magic wand should do it) and then do a Gaussian blur at "full blur" and then do the same for the outside. Makes for a different interpretation which you may like.

Scott

Andrew McLachlan
04-13-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks folks for the comments, very much appreciated. Scott, thanks for the tip I'll give that a try.