PDA

View Full Version : Tulip

OvidiuCavasdan
04-11-2011, 01:56 PM
40D, EF 100mm Macro
F/20
1/25 sec
ISO 200
Manual mode, tripod, natural light, spot metering, white cloth as BG, no crop.

Brendan Dozier
04-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Very nice exp, and details on this, Ovidiu. Like the diagonal comp, wondering if different color BG would be better and compliment flower colors more, the white seems a bit too strong.

OvidiuCavasdan
04-12-2011, 02:18 AM
Thanks Brendan. I was using on this tulip several different bg, the white one for the first time (never shot before flowers on white bg) and because I've posted flowers images with colored bg before I was trying to post something different. Any comments and suggestions about using white bg are welcome.:S3:

Steve Maxson
04-12-2011, 11:37 AM
Hi Ovidiu. Another nice one! I like the simplicity of the comp, the soft even lighting, and the subtle blending of colors in the flower. For this presentation against the light gray background, a thin black border would make the image stand out better. Well done.

Ken Childs
04-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Hi Ovidiu, I'm glad to see you're trying something different. :S3:

The comp and lighting look great. You might try lightening up the subject and maybe desaturating it a bit. With a white BG, sometimes a lighter subject works better.

OvidiuCavasdan
04-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Thank you for suggestions and advice. Appreciate yor help!

Anita Bower
04-15-2011, 05:13 AM
Lovely Tulip! You captured it at a perfect time. Love those colors. I like it against the white bg. Working with a white bg is challenging, but gives such a clean look. I'd brighten it up a bit, I wonder if having either more or a little less stem would help the balance. Looking forward to more.

Roman Kurywczak
04-16-2011, 12:52 PM
Hey Ovidiu,
I really like this! I think going a bit lighter or softer would work too.......and besides the thin border for BPN presentation.......I think the white BG works very well in this case! You will find that it doesn't always lend itself to every flower......but it is a very useful BG to keep in the bag. Very nicely done overall!