PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Cub

Brendan Dozier
04-09-2011, 04:38 PM
This cute cub is part of the cheetah conservation program at the animal park in San Diego. I know, not wild, but just had to share it. :S3: So far they have been able to breed 133 cheetahs. Taken back in Feb. ACR, PP, removed distracting BG details. IQ is not great because it was shot through glass of nursery enclosure.

7D, 70-200 + 2x
1/4
ISO 400

C & C welcome & appreciated,

- Brendan

Morkel Erasmus
04-09-2011, 04:44 PM
cheetah cubs are among the cutest of wild animal babies - love their scruffy neck fur

I don't know if it's the glass but there seems to be a slight magenta and green cast to the image.
Do you know what they do with the cheetahs they breed?

Brendan Dozier
04-09-2011, 05:52 PM
cheetah cubs are among the cutest of wild animal babies - love their scruffy neck fur

I don't know if it's the glass but there seems to be a slight magenta and green cast to the image.

Thanks for your comments, Morkel. I see a slight green tint on top of the nose, and a slight megenta tint just below the white cheek fur. Is that what you see, or do you see throughout the entire image?

Do you know what they do with the cheetahs they breed?

I would hope they try to introduce some of them back into the wild.

Robert Amoruso
04-11-2011, 08:24 AM
Good work capturing the ultimate cuteness of the little one.

If you at not opposed to such things, I would suggest cloning down some of the overhead light reflection in the eyes"