PDA

View Full Version : White Stork

Gyorgy Szimuly
03-24-2008, 06:26 AM
Posting this image as an Eastern gift from Hungary :)
I just turned 42 so cannot decide to be happy or should be down :D
Anyway I opened a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon Barrique Selection from 1997 and think of you while enjoying. :D
Hope you are ALL well! This image was taken in late evening lights.

Cheers: Szimi

Details:
White Stork (Ciconia ciconia)
NW Hungary, Europe l July 2006
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N l EF 600mm f/4.0L IS USM l Extender EF 1.4x II
ISO200 I f9 l Aperture Priority

Daniel Cadieux
03-24-2008, 07:15 AM
Is this the legendary stork that brought you home 42 years ago?? Happy birthday!

I'll assume that the black specs just below the bird's body (and two above the taller grass sprout) are flies. Just a tiny bit of a better head angle would put this over the top. Great image nonetheless. Now go finish that bottle...

Gyorgy Szimuly
03-24-2008, 07:22 AM
I am not sure if White Storks are living so long :D
Yes, I didn't want to clone out those little flies (or something like that). It is a part of the image in my opinion. Would you recommend to wipe them away?
The bottle has already been finished so look for the next one. :D

Alfred Forns
03-24-2008, 07:30 AM
... good one Daniel !!!

Love seeing you up and about I was just thinking on the longevity of those birds :) Beautiful image Particularly like the feel Pose and bg make it special Your are very close on the head angle here don't want the hap police banging you your door while enjoying your fine wine !!!! Big Congrats !!!!

Daniel Cadieux
03-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Yes, I didn't want to clone out those little flies (or something like that). It is a part of the image in my opinion. Would you recommend to wipe them away?

Knowing that they are indeed flies makes it OK to leave them there for me:)

IvoZafirov
03-24-2008, 09:31 AM
Happy Birthday Georgy!!!!!

I like the image! This bird is a national symbol of the spring in Bulgaria so Happy Spring too! Let this photography season be very active and rewarding!

Axel Hildebrandt
03-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Happy Birthday! I think you should enjoy the wine. :)

Great image, I like the pose, details, light and BG.

Juan Aragonés
03-24-2008, 10:24 AM
In a month I will be 43yo and I will open a red wine bottle too... maybe a "Ribera del Duero" or a "Sangre de Toro" (excellent spanish wines!). Happy birthday and great picture of a very nice species. We have a lot of them here in the South of Spain, both wintering and breeding populations. I will keep the flies as part of the image.

Juan

Fabs Forns
03-24-2008, 12:18 PM
Happy Birthday, Szimi :)
You are really piling on the experience now :)

Great bird and light, as mentioned, a head turn would have given extra points. Knowing this particular Stork is 42, it is excused :)

Manos Papadomanolakis
03-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Happy Birthday Georgy!!!!!
Nice shot!

Jeroen Stel
03-24-2008, 02:21 PM
Happy birthday Szimi!
Lovely Storck image with great use of light!

Greetings,

Jeroen Stel