PDA

View Full Version : How to improve???

Lance Peters
03-24-2008, 04:35 AM
Very co-operative pelicans, but could not quite get into the right position to get what I wanted.
My question is - is there anything I can do to improve what I have to work with?

Thanks

Lance

Alfred Forns
03-24-2008, 06:31 AM
Hi Lance

Two birds are always more difficult to frame Here you have mirror poses which is good The one thing I would avoid is having the birds in the center unless you could fill the frame With room like you have here try moving the pelicans to one of the corners I chose the UR since they are facing left and slightly down. Also the sand part looks better than the water.

Ian McHenry
03-24-2008, 12:49 PM
I agree with Alfred's tighter crop.
To me the most important part of the image is the lovely head angle of the pelicans and there is more emphasis on this with the cropped image while maintaining a balanced composition.
Ian Mc

Lance Peters
03-24-2008, 02:43 PM
Thank you kind sirs - would you be bothered getting rid of the white bit in the water behind the first pelicans head??

Thanks

lance

Harold Davis
03-24-2008, 02:46 PM
i agree with alfred's crop. only suggestion would be next time you run into these guy, try to get closer and separate the birds. looks like you had the right light angle. just needed to be a little closer.

Robert Amoruso
03-24-2008, 08:25 PM
My version. Different crop and cleaned up a lot of the junk on the sand. I just used the clone tool and nothing fancy so you may see some of the clones.

gary rouleau
03-25-2008, 06:50 PM
Bingo Robert, you nailed it.
gary

Robert Amoruso
03-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Bingo Robert, you nailed it.
gary

Glad to help. I think the biggest improvement was cleaning up the stuff on the beach. It that type of work is not an issue for you, it can improve the image by removing the small distractions. Nothing was done to the pelicans.

Oscar Zangroniz
03-26-2008, 06:43 AM
Great shot, love robert's version. Very clean.