PDA

View Full Version : Victorian Summer

denise ippolito
04-07-2011, 09:20 AM
He is a different view trying to incorporate some suggestions from my earlier post (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/82107) which BTW I still like better:t3. Ok, seriously here it is with: More porch as Cheryl F and Stuart B suggested, more color in the greens (I added a bit more to the flowers too) as Maureen suggested and a slightly different effect-only because this view didn't look as nice w/ the other processing???. Let me know your thoughts-next is my aged version, since I am not Christopher that will take me some time to figure out.:S3:

Richard Lovison
04-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Denise,

It's difficult to decide... I actually like both presentations. If I had to choose I'd take this one as I like the mood with the richer colors and darker presentation. More like "Victorian Summer Evening". Beautifully done.

Richard

Andrew McLachlan
04-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Denise, both versions are beautiful, but I do prefer the earlier post. I love the effect you have on the blossoms in the earlier post, I think it makes them look a little more special. I wonder what this would look like with the large shrub on the left side desaturated too. Either way they are both lovely! :S3:

Indranil Sircar
04-07-2011, 05:42 PM
Denise, i missed to comment on the previous version. On comparing, I prefer this one. The color tone and darkness adds to the sense of mood and mystery much like the color palette used period movies to get an emotional response. Slight Orton effect adds to the mystery. A wonderful composition!

Steve Adkins
04-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I would make a terrible judge... because I love em both. :S3: So much contrast of texture and color, with the white elements making the carpenter in me drool. :bg3: IF I just had to choose... The first post is my fav because of its slightly simpler comp and the HDR like quality and the added element of those grasses at upper center next to the column.
Looking forward to the aged variation. :w3

Christopher Miller
04-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Denise, I prefer the first version too because that one focused more attention on the flowers and the lighter, more desaturated look gave it a more vintage feel. That said, this version is very nice too. It has the feel of a peaceful summer evening. I think Andrew has a good point on desaturating the bush. Good luck on the aged version, I'm sure you'll figure it out. :S3:

Steven Kersting
04-07-2011, 06:51 PM
I prefer the other, but I feel this one has more potential.
I would desaturate/lighten the green and throw the bush on the left more OOF. Probably add Warming/Sepia..

Maureen Allen
04-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Wow. I like them both, Denise. I love the little bit of color here, but equally enjoy the simplicity of the first post. So, I can't decide :S3:

denise ippolito
04-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Thanks all for the feedback. The big green bush looked even worse desaturated and OOF. It looked like a big dark blob. I may try Stevens idea of adding some sepia to it-that may be the key. I have already chosen the texture overlay from Shadowhouse that I will use to age the image. Hopefully I can post it.

Brendan Dozier
04-07-2011, 08:13 PM
Very nice, Denise! I like the HDR looking effect of the first one, especially how the leaves look, but I like the darker more saturated colors of the second one. The texturing and aging sounds like it would work well, looking forward to seeing that version. Nice work!

Cheryl Flory
04-08-2011, 05:15 AM
I much prefer the adjustment and the left side of the first version, but the love added porch on this one.
Nice work, Denise!