PDA

View Full Version : Daffodil

OvidiuCavasdan
04-06-2011, 11:21 AM
40D, EF100mm Macro
F/25
1.6 sec
ISO 200
36mm extension tube, manual mode, tripod, natural light and collapsable reflector, no crop. I choosed the cenral composition instead of the off centre one

Ian Cassell
04-06-2011, 03:31 PM
Ovidiu, I think the center crop works well here. The flower looks like a wonderful sunburst. If I had one suggestion, it would be to brighten it up a bit.

OvidiuCavasdan
04-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Thanks for comment Ian, it is a good point, I was asking myself the same thing about brightening more the image, but the petals are not pure white and despite the fact that brightening the image would give it more impact I decided to present it this way.

Mitch Haimov
04-07-2011, 12:25 AM
Very nice, Ovidiu! Great detail and texture. I am okay with the brightness as is. Although I "get" the centered composition, and it works. But for what it's worth, my personal preference would be to move the red circle close to a corner.

Steve Maxson
04-07-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi Ovidiu. The flower is attractive, you have good sharpness and DOF, good detail in the whites, and the centered comp works well in this presentation. Having said that, I think that an off-centered comp similar to that of Ken Childs image of 3-31 would be a very effective alternative. Well done.

Brendan Dozier
04-07-2011, 09:05 PM
Love the interesting detail and composition to this, Ovidiu. Nice exp, detail, and textures.
Well done!

Ken Childs
04-08-2011, 11:47 AM
Hi Ovidiu, this is a lovely flower and a center crop works although I think it might work better with a square crop. With the landscape crop, I'd rather see the flower center closer to a ROT position. I understand your reason for not brightening up the whites but I do think this could benefit from a bit more contrast.

BTW, this is a different species of Narcissus than a Daffodil is. Anita set me straight when I posted something similar not too long ago. :S3:

kostas nianiopoulos
04-09-2011, 10:53 AM
super details on this one verry good whites , and colorfull center , nicely done Ovidiu :)

Anita Bower
04-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Lovely! I just love this particular Narcissus!! Good whites. I like the centered composition. I'd brighten up the center.