PDA

View Full Version : Canvasback Drake

Gary Esman
04-06-2011, 09:11 AM
7D, 1/1250, iso 200, 500mm + 1.4 TC, laying on stomach shooting through a chain link fence:w3, Gitzo tripod, wimberly 2.

Hello, thought I would share a shot from last night. It was a little too windy to great shots but thought I would give it a go. This Canvasback was being very cooperative and allowing a number of good shots. I hope you like it and appreciate your time and comments.

Gary.

Dumay de Boulle
04-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Great low angle and sharp eye...Like the BG and textures... Maybe see if you could get a little more detail in the beak!! Nice one Gary!

Randy Bronkema
04-06-2011, 06:20 PM
gotta like that LOW angle. I do like that back ground, fades out nice to all blue gray. the exposure really makes you look at his eye. do you have any more image to the right? I like your back ground better then mine. goes to show what a couple of feet can do.

Gary Esman
04-06-2011, 06:27 PM
gotta like that LOW angle. I do like that back ground, fades out nice to all blue gray. the exposure really makes you look at his eye. do you have any more image to the right? I like your back ground better then mine. goes to show what a couple of feet can do.

Thanks Randy, I had the 500mm and TC 1.4 opened all the way up, which on that combo is 5.6. I have a number that I like a lot better than this one. Going out tomorrow morning if the rain holds:S3:

Gary.

Randy Bronkema
04-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Welll I hope rain will hold off, but a little rain never hurt, maybe you should try the camo blanket you may get the buffleheads in close. good luck

Randy Stout
04-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Gary:

Sharp, low angle, like the eye, drops, background.

Canvas backs are always a challenge to get even lighting on the head, to avoid the 'black' areas.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
04-06-2011, 08:27 PM
Love that red eye - it looks almost selectively sharpened the way it pops, and the water drops look so crystal clear. Great low angle, nice incoming pose. I do find the bill a bit dark, but an overall strong image!!

Ron Caswell
04-07-2011, 06:03 AM
Looks great Gary, The low angle is really nice and you found a hole in the fence :). Good luck with the weather, hope the sun shines for you, Ron

Gary Esman
04-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Thanks all appreciate the comments, totally agree the bill is to dark. :S3:

Gary.