PDA

View Full Version : Poppy Center, very close up.

Steve Bein
04-05-2011, 10:19 PM
This is an interesting technique. I used a 15mm fisheye with a 12mm extension tube. The flower was laid on the lens and the camera pointed up. A contact macro. This is from a few years ago and this year should be pretty good again, I hope.

Brendan Dozier
04-06-2011, 02:49 AM
That is a very cool technique, Steve, and you really captured the glow very well.
Wonderful color and details, wish you posted a larger sized image so we could see it better.
Well done!

Mitch Haimov
04-06-2011, 11:59 PM
Very nice, Steve! I second everything Brendan said. Certainly not your typical poppy image.

Steve Maxson
04-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Hi Steve. The glow effect is very interesting and is a very different look from the norm. I'm surprised that you didn't get pollen all over the lens. :S3: I like the off-center comp and I would suggest cloning the small sliver of blue in the URC. What camera did you use and what was your exposure setting?

OvidiuCavasdan
04-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Very interesting. I like the colors and texture a lot, good composition, but I find the blue distracting.

Ken Childs
04-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Hey Steve, this is definitely something different! I like the subject and the comp but the uneven lighting is giving me problems. Are those shadows/dark areas caused by petals? If so, you might consider removing them the next time you try this. I agree that those 2 spots of blue should go.