Gary Hamilton
04-05-2011, 11:21 AM
Canon 7D
Canon 100mm macro lens
Canon 580 EX II flash
1/250 sec.
f/10
ISO 200

I used two white foam board reflectors to minimize shadows from the flash. Centering rose in square crop looked the best to me. Interested in your thoughts on composition. All c/c welcome.

bhavya joshi
04-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Yes... creamy creamy rose...Great work.. I like the center portion.. nice composition, looking soft and smooth..
Great effect of light also.. from me no negative words..:S3:

Brendan Dozier
04-06-2011, 02:56 AM
Very nice pattern & composition, Gary. I think lightening it up the way you have it, really emphasizes the graphic design aspect. Great as is, but would be curious to see some different variations of lighting as well.

OvidiuCavasdan
04-07-2011, 02:35 PM
Beautiful rose, maybe a bit too bright for my taste, but composition works for me.

Ken Childs
04-08-2011, 11:29 AM
Hi Gary, creamy rose definitely fits the mood of this shot! :S3:

I think the square crop works but I also think a vertical crop would work....maybe with the center of the rose near the UR ROT position. The brightness doesn't bother me but I think I would like to see the shadows spread more evenly throughout the flower but I do like it as is.

Anita Bower
04-14-2011, 05:16 AM
Beautiful, creamy rose. I like how it fills the frame with its subtle colors and graceful curves. The work you did to tone down flash shadows worked well. I also like the square crop. I'm wondering if a bit of a vignette using the darker colors would help balance the image. Here is a quick version.