PDA

View Full Version : Los Padres

dankearl
04-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Coastal fog in the Los Padres (Southern California) Savannah like Forest.

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af332/dkearl/DSC_4125.jpg

1/125
handheld
18mm
f8
iso200

Dave Mills
04-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Hi Dan, the pano crop seems to work well with the comp. Without the misty hill setting the mood the image would have appeared a bit flat. If it's not against your ethics I would evict the clipped rock on the lower rt. I'm questioning the use of the rock base on the left since it gives the illusion of the tree emanating from it. See what others have to say...

Hilary Hann
04-06-2011, 03:43 AM
I like everything about this image except for the rocks in the foreground as they don't seem to add to the strength of the composition and are rather distracting. I don't know whether you could have repositioned yourself at all to compose the landscape without them, or if you kept them in intentionally. I love the misty hills, the different coloured greens and the glimpses of the path winding through the scenery. Nicely seen.

Andrew McLachlan
04-10-2011, 05:46 PM
Hi Dan, love the fog and the trees in this one and the lighting. I am wanting to go a little wider and downward to include more of the rocks at the base of the image, not sure if it would have been possible at this location though?

dankearl
04-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the comments.
I loved this area (Los Padres forest outside of Santa Barbara, Calif.) but could not get any decent weather when I was there. It was hard to capture the scenery and this was not the best comp I realize.
Taking out the FG would improve it, but alas, maybe next time.

Brendan Dozier
04-11-2011, 03:46 AM
Great soft light, and the different bands of vibrant color & texture in this scene are wonderful. Fog is a nice touch.

Roman Kurywczak
04-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Hey Dan,
Can't add much to above coments.....I would just eliminate the clipped rocks on the right as presented.....and work on topping it next time out! Still nicely done overall!