PDA

View Full Version : Black and White

john crookes
01-04-2008, 10:04 AM
This was taken last May during the migration through Mount Auburn Cemetary in MA

Nikon D2X with 400mm f2.8 and 1.7 extender. ISO 400 1/250th and f7.1
photographed from a gitzo monopod to allow ease of movement through the grounds

Processed through Adobe Lightroom and finished in Adobe Photoshop for sizing output and sharpening

I usually shot in adobe color space and open the image in prophoto 16 bit

i will correct for any color cast do a levels adjustment a contrast ajustment and pre output sharpening.

also a hue and sat ajustment if needed

sent to Adobe Photoshop for noise reduction if needed further sharpening as needed and size ing for output and conversion of color space for output

i convert to srgb for web and adobe 98 for print also change mode to 8 bit

Daniel Cadieux
01-04-2008, 10:12 AM
This is a very pretty photograph - I like the Nuthatch-like pose that these guys often do. Some more sharpening, especially to the face area, could bring this to another level.

Samuel Mulder
01-04-2008, 10:46 AM
I really like the pose and background. This is a nice image. The only things I might think about would be adding a bit to the bottom and taking a touch off the top. I like it very well as presented though.

c.w. moynihan
01-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Excellent image of a B&W. Nice background with a typical behavior pose for this species. I might consider some more sharpening on the bird and perhaps open the crop up a bit to give more breathing room.

Jim Neiger
01-04-2008, 11:15 AM
Very nice! I like the pose and comp alot. It looks sharp to me. No nits here.

Glenn Bartley
01-04-2008, 11:28 AM
Very nice image. These guys are a real target species for me this spring so I'm jealous. I would like to see some more room on the bottom and less on top if you have it.

Axel Hildebrandt
01-04-2008, 12:58 PM
I like the pose and details of this wannabe nuthatch. Maybe you could have moved a bit to the right to get an even better separation between bird and trunk.

Judd Patterson
01-06-2008, 10:44 PM
A fine image of this unique warbler. I really enjoy the pose on this one. Nice job John!