PDA

View Full Version : A penny for them

Steve Kaluski
04-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Taken at the same time as 'The snarl' after things has quietened down. All I kept thinking of when photographing this guy was, who was looking at who and what was the young lion thinking. Shot and used as presented, with headline/text above.

Just to clarify the title for some; something that you say in order to ask someone who is being very quiet what they are thinking about 'A penny for your thoughts.' :S3:

Steve
MKIII 500f/4 1/500sec f/5.6 ISO400 (HH, minimal crop)
PS: Curves, Levels, Saturation, minimal NR & USM

Rachel Hollander
04-04-2011, 04:49 PM
Steve - I think the sort of muted light/colors/contrast goes well with the lion's pensive pose. Understand the excess space for editorial use but obviously would prefer less if going to hang on wall. Fitting title too.

TFS,
Rachel

Hilary Hann
04-04-2011, 05:00 PM
Sits very well with the title, love the thoughtful pose. IQ is, as always, excellent (although on my laptop so can't criticise anyway! :t3 ). Did you take similar pose as a horizontal with the whole lion?

Dumay de Boulle
04-05-2011, 04:23 AM
Love the pose and angle...IQ again is top notch...Great image steve!!

Robert Amoruso
04-05-2011, 07:04 AM
Steve,

The BG looks funky new the dark green to tan transisition.

Understand the editorial cropping, but creativity this will work better cropped into a square format.

Sabyasachi Patra
04-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Nice pose. I think this will work in Square format as suggested by Robert and also it will work in horizontal. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi

Morkel Erasmus
04-05-2011, 04:57 PM
great pose, look and soft light here Steve...
I quite like the crop as is :)

Pieter de Waal
04-06-2011, 01:56 AM
Nice soft light with great exposure and detail. Lovely expression wel captured Steve.