PDA

View Full Version : Sand Patterns

Ian McHenry
03-23-2008, 08:20 PM
This is my latest crop of one of these images which I feel has something but can't quite get the result I would like !!!
Was returning from the estuary along the beach and impressed with the sand patterns produced by the out going tide.
Ian Mc

Ian McHenry
03-23-2008, 08:33 PM
Here is the original for anyone inclined to edit for a different result.
With thanks for viewing.
Ian Mc

Alfred Forns
03-23-2008, 10:25 PM
I like what you did with the image Ian !!!! My suggestion would be trying a different angle? Maybe getting lower if possible would flatten some of the terrain on the back? Also a crop from the top as presented !!

David Kennedy
03-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Ian,
My brain is a little twisted so for that reason I always have panos on my mind. I would have focused on just the foreground and done a stitched panorama with six to eight vertical captures, and then converted it into black and white like this. I LOVE the zig/zags in the sand!!! Cheers!

Ian McHenry
03-24-2008, 12:52 AM
Thanks Alfred & David
Alfred : Really like your pano type crop.
David: This is really interesting option.
I think the original converted to B&W shows up the zig zags.
After lining up images I have shaved off a wee bit more at the top than Al's crop.
Had the luxury of working from larger image. LOL.
Ian Mc

Robert Amoruso
03-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Ian,

I like what you came up with. Though the B&W looks good, I prefer the color version. The high-contrast works very well here.

Ian McHenry
03-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks Robert.
Much appreciated.
Ian Mc
http://www.pbase.com/ianmc

Harold Davis
03-24-2008, 04:42 PM
i like the color with a pano crop, but david's has some merit too. this area has a ton of potential. cant wait to see what you come up with next.

Ian McHenry
03-25-2008, 06:20 AM
Thanks Harold
I think this is my cue to post another image taken @ the same time !!! LOL
Ian Mc